Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Elves Are Watching.

I'M HORRIBLE at lying....but this was fun. I told Gabe and his friend Zane that the elves were sent here from the North Pole to watch the children. Then report back to Santa who should be on the naughty list and who should be on the nice. It was a great way to keep them in check. "HEY the elves are watching."








Gabe was actually kind of freaked out to go near them. But they would go up to them and be like, "Your the greatest elf in the world." " I love all the elves and people in the world." "You do the best job." It was cute.
Later that night we were at the grocery store checking out. Gabe was pulling himself in the cart up and down along the counter and I like, scolded him or whatever you want to call it, for not listening to me. I tell him to stop and get in the seat of the cart. He gets in the front and then all calm, reserved and loud enough for the cashier to hear says, "Mom, please don't smack me when we get home like you did that one time I wouldn't listen to you." I'm like looking back and forth at the cashier and him and say "Gabe I'm not going to do that." He keeps going. "Remember that one time you threw the shoe at my face and it hit my nose?" I just look at the clerk wide eyed and giggle. OH MY GOSH!! I'm being called out at the grocery store....
The thing is...that shoe incident happened. I'm not a perfect mom, and the shoe's come off.... Kind of like that Bush protestor. We throw shoes when bothered....

2 comments:

Sid Brechin said...

Your elf story reminds me of a couple of years ago my youngest niece and nephew were doing the no Santa Claus thing. I told them you know the potholes that are in the road every spring? They both said yes. I said "They prove that Santa does exist. "How" they asked in stereo. I explained that to find all the children's homes Santa and the Riendeer had to follow the roads just from more than 10,000 feet in the air. With so many people leaving food out for the deer that Santa of course gave them they had to go to the bathroom and like horses lifted their tails and dropped one. Only from so high up it froze and by the time it hit the ground it was so hard it blew a pot hole in the road. They were silent for a moment and then William my nephew and the braver of the two said "Uncle Sid that doesn't prove Santa exists it only proves your nuts" my brother who was driving almost went off the road.

The McEwans said...

OH MY GOSH! I just died laughing! I love that you can admit that you aren't a perfect mom. I hate people that won't fess up that sometimes they throw a shoe. I also love that Gabe called you out on it in front of the cashier. Savanna kind of did that to me the other day when she told the cop that pulled me over that I ALWAYS go fast! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???