Friday, July 25, 2008

Blog Tracking *a milder word then stalking* AND the greatest spoof to blogging EVER!

So, I’ve mentioned before my mixed feelings with this whole blogging experience. I’m a slightly distrusting person, so it’s not really within my element to even have one. I struggle with the dilemma of what to post most of the time as not to reveal too much. Since I have yet to find an uber fantastic husband and generate more posterity to hide behind cover the pages, it can get challenging to decide on what to write about. Well a few weeks ago I got the greatest comment that has made this whole embarkment worthwhile. For a couple of reasons.

FIRST: Mical just reminded me of a night which is easily on my top ten list of greatest memories. It was a really fun, uninhibited and mildly promiscuous night. Emphasis in mild. Not to throw her under the bus, but you should hear Kari's version of that night. It's really funny. I'll let her tell you why. It's good to know that once upon a time I use to have a kick to my personality that I'm slowly trying to revive. Becoming a circumstantial recluse has taken a toll on the "identity issues" (I guess that's what you could call it) and I'm still working on resurrecting it. Aside from my 6 weeks spent with Luciano, the beautiful, very-little-English-speaking Italian, things have been a little boring. Mmmm, just look at that "come and get me grin" he gives. I just want to tear into him. Where was I? ohh

SECOND: I love Mical's candidness about googling me and calling me out on "don't tell me you've never done it", because I have, and since he had the courage to actually address me and make himself know, I will no longer feel the guilt for "tracking" others. I will also work on the bravery and making myself known to them. Because honestly I HATE when people view my blog frequently, and never comment. That is what the creepy blog stalking is. I don't care who you are, or if you even hate what I have to say. It's kind of cowardly. I'm just saying.


Greatest spoof ever! EVER.
While I am probably guilty of some of these cliche's written about in this persons blog-well only one that I can think of. I mentioned Twilight in a blog-, I'm really glad to see that someone else has recognized the unauthentic tone of 90% of blogs, and has brilliantly captured the parody. I WISH I was as creative as this blogger is and how true she captures the "wickedly dead on spoof of the suddenly trendy married Mormon blog phenomenom." Since I'm not, I'll continue to enjoy and let her say things in her crafty way that she mocks everyone. I love it. Please, you have to check it out. www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com/.

8 comments:

Amber said...

Is Kari's version the one I think it is...the one where we went to the college, picked up some guys and went back to your house where I fell asleep in your brothers room and you and Kari were up late...or all night. I think your mom came downstairs. Or is that not the night?

Allen Family said...

hmm, interesting.
Happy Birthday.

Carla said...

I guess I'm a blog stalker. I love to read, but seldom leave comments. Thanks for turning me on to "seriously so blessed." She's hilarious...love the satire.

Andrea Nalene Rasmussen said...

Yes Amber. That is the night. The egging and car soaping I believe were for you!!!

Mical and Diana said...

That night was pretty crazy. For the record, I tried to get Jordan to go back when we were supposed to, but we all know how that turned out.

Unknown said...

Hey Nalene!
I'm proud to say I was the first one to cut your hair short, in mom's store, remember? Did you get extensions? Do you like them? You look great both ways!
I hope to see you at the fam reunion!
Love Karen

kari said...

That night was one of my most enjoyable evenings in high school except the part where nalene's mom came down stairs and caught jordan on top of me, whoopsie sorry carla! I think I still have Jordan's hand print from the copier machine.

Andrea Nalene Rasmussen said...

See, I told you. Kari's version is better.