Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Idaho Happenings

Gabriel and I went up to Idaho for Memorial Weekend. My Rasmussen grandparenst both recently passed away so we went to do the traditional thing. We also went and visited the relatives on my moms side with her parents. I had an aunt who was killed when she was 8 so at that time my granparents decided to purchase their plots as well. My grandpa is a WWII Vet. and as we're leaving my grandma is observing the American flags and the graves then asks my grandpa "Why didn't they put one on your grave?" uhhhhh "Because I'm not dead yet." It was kinda funny.

Other than hiking I never really get to do outdoors activities in Utah. I don't really have anyone to go with and I don't know the area well enough to just go out. That's pretty much the only thing I miss about Idaho. How readily accessible the outdoors are. 5-10 min. drive and you're completely secluded in a beautiful area. The weather was nice enough for about 2 hours that I got to go 4 wheeling with an old friend. I wish my camera wasn't so wussy because it doesn't do the Moody Canyon justice.


Mark (Mudd). The 4 wheeler owner.

This is just a weird make-shift belt my dad made of duct tape for G-bone. The poor kid has to run with one hand behind his back to hold up his pants.



2 comments:

Amber said...

Nice belt, David should start a business. That's cool that you got to hang out with Mark, he is our neighbor now.

Carla said...

Too funny.