Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'M just saying.....

So, anything that snags my attention, whether good or bad, cliché, or cheesy, if it’s people, ideas, movies, music, weird things you see (like today I saw this really skinny dude out the window of the gym intensely into the song on his ipod while casually walking his pink-sweater-wearing dachshund) to me is considered brilliant. I guess I’ve decided to start posting the things I consider to be most brilliant.

Most Brilliant #1:

I find it absolutely fantastic that the literary world has coined the phrase “I’m just saying” as if it’s an automatic disclaimer for the one making the observation, void of any consequences from the opinions and views expressed.

In other words, YAY, I finally found a great way to be able to say the questionable things I think and not have to be accountable. Try it out. “Do you think those extra 400 calories you just pounded down will do any good?…. I’m just saying.” “You look like Gary Busey, on a good day…. I’m just saying.” See! It works brilliantly with anyting.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

One of my favorite sayings!!!

And poor little dachshund...

The McEwans said...

That is so true!!! I will try it. Then I can be rude to people without feeling bad!