Friday, March 21, 2008

I got sucked in.

Ahhh. Blog this, blog that. "Do you blog?" Well now I do. What's the big blogging deal anyway? Does no one care for old fashioned conversation anymore? I'll give this a shot for ONE month. If I find it's just not doing it..... well then I don't know what. I'll pull the plug on the whole blogging operation, I guess. Don't even get me started on how I can pretty up the visualizations to the crafty standards of blogger enthusiests. (If anyone want's to render their services and do it for me!!! Since I don't know how.) I hate writting. I'm horrible with grammar/spelling. I'm picky and edit, edit, delete, rewrite, edit to the point of insanity. (Seriously. This post will never read the same way twice, and it's only my first one.) I can't master writting rhetoric. I hate professing to the world how oh-so-fantastic my life is. I don't have any deep philisopical views or humor to contribute to the seeking reader. So why, you may ask, am I succumbing to this virtual snare? I have no idea. I really am fascinated by the different purposes and just want to research what my own aim is, I guess. Will it be fun and productive? Or will I just go OCD? Therefore I've set the aforementioned one month trial camp to find out. Operation 'Why Blog' is now on the go, and you my covert viewers, will have to be what decides it. So, please, all comments welcome!! For now the answer to the 'why' do this, is pending..... see back on April 21st, 1:00 a.m. (yes a.m. I will always be a night owl) for the answer.

Answer me this: Is the objective of blogging more for reading/writting interest, accomplishment exhibitions, or for cyber scrapbooking? A little of all, maybe?

6 comments:

The McEwans said...

You are so funny!!! And you are a good writer, I must say. Reading your post was very entertaining! Please keep doing it! I would love to keep in touch with you. I mostly blog to keep in touch, and because I stay at home all day, and have to have other interests or I would go INSANE! Tell me what's going on? It has been forever and I honestly think about you sometimes, and wonder how you are doing and where you are. And how's your adorable Gabe? I want the lowdown on your last two years of life. I love you! Keep blogging!

The McEwans said...

Holy cutest picture I have ever seen! I just scrolled down and saw it! Gabe is the cutest little boy. You look amazing,as always, and Gabe really is one of the cutest little boys I have ever seen. I want to squeeze him! Please post more pics of him.

Andrea Nalene Rasmussen said...

GOOD reasoning Megan!! I like that you're candid about it being a litte "me time" escape. It also brings up more questions in my 'why blog' quest, as to if people take it so far as an interest that they go socially nuts and neglectful in other areas. I know if I had the time, I have it in me to be that type.

Heidi said...

(found you from the lopshires blog ;) )

I blog because it's my "journal"... I want my kids to look back and see that I actually TRIED to do fun/good things for them.

Maybe they won't see me as the "mean mom" they grew up with years from now! They might just say: "HEY! My Mom DID try! She's not as much of a looser as we though!"

*winks*

Heidi said...

Nalene! How do you know Wendy Gailey? LOL

I was just looking at her photo website (she is Brian's cousin!!!) and I saw more photos of you and your little Gabe! That's the funniest thing! What a small world!!!

Shoot me an email - heidi@brianheidi.com
:)

Abby Normal said...

conversation disappears into the ethos but it can touch our hearts - writing or literature becomes an art of what is inside us that can stay for as long as we have means to preserve them...and one entry can say a million things to a million people who all have different life experiences...blogging is a unique way to touch others in a way we can't with a conversation....what we have from literature or writing has helped anchor us to age-old-values and perceptions as we find our way in the world in a new day....